Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What we've been up to . . .

Last year our Christmas spirit was so lacking that I vowed to make Christmas more present in our home this year. I've been busy doing so many Christmas projects. I'm so glad that these few things that I've made we will be able to re-use each year because I don't think I will have this much ambition again next year. :)I started with making our tree skirt. It took me alot longer to make than I expected. Pry because I'm a novice sewer. Don't look to close!



I wish I could say that I made this wreath but I didn't. My sister Megan was so nice to make this for me and the cute little decorative trees below. I have loved this wreath.

Aren't these little trees cute? She also made my mom some that are gold that turned out realy classy looking.

I also decided to make some stockings with the leftover fabric. This is Dougs and Krews.

Mine and a spare.

All 4. . . and no there is NO symbolism in the fact that I made 4 stockings as I have been asked one point five million times. I AM NOT pregnant. . .I just thought that 3 stockings would look silly hanging on 4 hooks. :)

Just a pic. of my favorite ornament on my tree. . . I'm really getting into birds lately.

Well crafting isn't all that I've been up to lately :) I have set aside time to eat and sleep ect. ok and spend a little time with my family. My nieces Ms. Mckenzie and Ms. Reilly came and stayed the night with me last weekend and we had such a blast. They both wanted to do my hair in the "salon room" so I definatly got pampered. We stayed up so late just laughing. We played the funnest game called Curses from Porters Its a blast! My mom just bought it for us to play on Christmas Eve and I can't wait!

Just a couple pics of my little man. His new favorite thing to do is feed his "baby" aka his little bear with a bottle. He is so sweet. Don't get me wrong he loves loves loves trucks and balls and boyish stuff but I just love that he has such a sweet, caring side to him!


Also, here is a link to some cute free printable Christmas tags. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Kate, you have been busy. Your projects all turned out so good. I really love that wreath that Megan made for ya, wow, she's so talented!
Can't wait to see you soon!
Hope you guys have a great Christmas! Love ya!

Camille said...

I love all your projects! You inspire me! And Megan's wreath and trees are so cute, too. How fun that you had the girls over. You're the funnest Aunt!

Diane said...

I love all your new Christmas decorations! They are so cute! I like the family picture by the bus! What a great background!