Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Welcome to the family KREW!!

He has big blue eyes. . . they melt my heart.
Krew sleeping.

I could just stare at him all day. Its crazy to think that just a while ago this little guy was kicking me in the ribs!


This is the first time that Doug held him. :) It was so cute how fast he fell in love with Krew. I loved watching it.








Well, I haven't blogged for a while but I think I have a pretty good excuse- I was havin a baby!! On March 9th, at 5:28 our family became a little bigger. Welcome Krew! He weighed 7lbs. 3oz., 21 inches long and I must say that he is beautiful! It was the best experience I've ever had. . . we went to the hospital about 11:30 at night because I had been having contractions all day but that night they started to get pretty close together. They monitored me for an hour and I wasn't dialting any more but the nurse called my Dr. and he gave the go ahead to start me on pitt latter that night about 2 o clock so we were just waiting for that time to come. We called my mom and she came up to the hospital for the birth. When she got there Doug ran home to grab our things. While he was gone I had some SERIOUS contractions! I was having a really hard time and the nurse wasn't going to check me again for about an hour but my mom guessed that somethig was happening so she went and got the nurse and in 20 I had dialated from a 2 to a 6! So, we called Doug and told him to hurry back cuz I wasn't going to need to get started. He got there just as I was getting the epidural. From there the delivery was GREAT!! I highly recomend epidurals!! I cld not have done it without one. Doug and my mom were great to have with me. They helped me so much I could not have done it without either of them! I wasn't expecting the recovery to be so hard but it was so worth it! Krew is the best, cutest baby boy. I didn't think that I could love someone as much as I love him. Being a mom is amazing!! It evokes feelings of love from you that you didn't think that you would ever have. I'm so lucky. I'm so greatful that Heavenly Father and entrusted me with this choice little spirit. He is so sweet.

10 comments:

Missy said...

Kate he's so handsome! I love the pictures you posted. Love the last picture with his eyes wide open! He's such a sweet little baby, I can't wait to see him again! I'm so glad that you let us come and see you yesterday, I know it can be so hard to have so many visitors when you aren't feeling good. But I'm so glad you let us drop by. You are going to be a great mama, and you will love it! I'm glad that you and Krew are doing well! I love you Kate!

Camille said...

I'm so glad you blogged pictures of Krew. I miss him! Those pictures with his eyes open just kill me! What a doll! And I love the picture of you staring at him. You can see the love in your eyes! I remember doing that with Quincy at the hospital. I seriously could not peel my eyes off of that boy. It is such a fun time with newborns. I'm looking forward to my new one so that I can feel that again!

Steph said...

Oh, I'm so glad you posted the photos and the details. He is so adorable. I love his dark, thick hair! And that little hat is too cute! I'm glad you had a great epidural. Fantastic, eh? I can't wait to see Krew in real life. How's the nursing coming? Congrats!

Morrows said...

Kate, he is so precious. I am so happy for you guys! I love the pictures. thanks for posting them. I hope you are all doing well. I can't wait to come see you again.

The Clarks said...

congratulations, kate! he is such a cutie! i love all his hair! hallie was a baldie. =) being a mom IS amazing - i'm so happy for you guys! =)

Claudia said...

He is just beautiful! But we knew he would be. He didn't really have a choice! Camille and Paul could probably get away with stealing him so watch out!

Byers Family said...

Katelyn and Doug, We are so excited for you! He is absolutely beautiful. Isn't amazing the amount of love you can have for one little person? Please give his cheeks a kiss for me. We love you and CONGRATULATIONS!

Rowbury Adventures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

Oh WOW I love your blog banner. Now we want to see MORE PHOTOS!!! NOW!!!!

Tres said...

He is so adorable! I am glad you have a blog so I could see more pictures of him. He does have a lot of black hair. Enjoy every moment ... they pass so quickly