Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My latest project. . .


My latest and greatest project that I've been working on lately has left me totally drained, sicker than a dog, and a little fat... you guessed it- we are adding another member to our family! These past few months have really been a trip for me and I want to write it all down since this is what I consider my journal. So for those of you who don't want to, you don't have to read all this! I was hoping that this pregnancy would be a little easier than my last being that I got so sick when I was prego with Krew. But all my hoping was to no avail. I've been in and out of the hospital, on home IV's and I'm currently hooked up to a small pump that stylishly hangs from my belt. After all this I'm happy to say that I am at the almost self sufficient stage. I haven't been able to cook yet. (we've been relying on my mother in law's cooking, Dougs cooking when he can, and frozen meals:) delicious!) But other than that I'm back to work, I can brush my teeth without dry heaving if I'm carefull, I can walk, go out in public if I dare, and take care of Krew. I'm so greatful for my mom, sisters and Mother in Law who helped my family through these past weeks of absolute Hell. The first 3 months of pregnancy has been one of the hardest trials that I've ever had to go through. That may sound silly to some people but being pregnant and learning to rely on others for the simplest of things is my giant. I have a hard time accepting help for some reason but I'm coming out of this with a greater resolve to help those who are in need more than I have been in the past. I'm also so greatful for modern medicine. Without medicine and a great Dr. I probably wouldn't be able to have kids because I would get to dehydrated and miscarry. As of today I'm 3 months along! WOoHOO! I'm feeling better than I have been and I hope that I feel completely better in the upcoming weeks! I'm sick of being sick. . . bring on the labor!

5 comments:

Missy said...

Oh Kate, I'm so excited for you guys. Congrats! You're such a great Mom. I love the card you made to announce it; what a fun idea. I'm so sorry that you've been so sick; that is terrible! I hope that it gets better soon for you. Can't wait to see you soon!

Camille said...

I hate that you get so sick. That is such a bummer. But "this too shall pass" (haha, easy for me to say, I'm not the one puking up my guts all the time), and you will have another beautiful little angel! Oh, how I hope you're cookin up a little girly! You're due on Katelynn's birthday, by the way!

Morrows said...

Congrats Kate! I am so excited for you guys to add another beautiful face to your family! Sorry you have been so sick. I wish I would have known. I would have helped. Pick a day and I will have dinner over. I can't even tell you how excited I am for you! :D I love your face!

Laura said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so exciting! Really sorry that you are so sick. That is completely miserable. But only 6 months left! And you guys make such cute kids! Keep 'em comin!!! :)

Steph said...

Congrats, Kate! Sorry you've been so miserable! I hope you'll start getting better.

PS, I don't think you're a mean mom, regardless of what my dumb text said.