Monday, August 13, 2012

Our trip home to Idaho!

Beware of picture overload! I'm sosososososososooso far behind on blogging! We went home to Idaho for 3 weeks this summer. It was wonderful to get to see family again and meet my new niece!
Doug's parents drove down to Salt Lake to pick us up which we are so thankful for! While we were in SLC we checked out the new shopping center there and of course we had to visit temple square. When we were sitting by the little water feature in front of the temple we saw two teenage boys stealing quarters from the water! GRRRR. . . .
The new shopping center is awesome. There is a little creek that runs all the way through it! Krew had a blast playing in the water while we browsed. Doug's parents dropped us at the Lyman estate where I got to meet my niece for the first time! My sister Ashley had little miss bentley about 6 months after I had Brody. I'm so glad we have kids close to the same age! Bentley is a doll. I seriously think she's the cutest and I hope I get a girl someday that looks like her!
We might have tried Bentley's bow on Brody :) Ssshhhh. . .. Don't tell Daddy!
The next day we went up to palasaides for some camping and boating. Isn't it beautiful here? I was in heaven. I want to go back!
The water was stinkin cold! I told my brothers that I would take them to a movie if they jumped in first and they did!
And then I got roped into doing it somehow! BRRRRR!
When we got back from camping it was already the 4th of July! We hit the parade in the morning, played the day away and then when night came my mom was so nice to watch the boys for us so we could go enjoy the fireworks with some friends.
Krew learned how to be a fireman! He was in heaven looking at the firetrucks and spraying their hose!
At this point we went to stay with the Messicks our time was half over! I know I'm leaving alot of things out that we did with my parents- we also went out to eat a couple times, took my bros and Krew to the movies, shopping, shopping, shopping, and lots of fun!
While were were staying at Doug's parents Krew got the opportunity of riding Uncle Paul's horse "Fancy"! He had a blast and once he got off all he wanted to do was get back on! side note: another funny thing that happened while were at the Messicks- Krew decided he wanted to go pet Fancy- at this point I had not talked to Krew about the electric fence surrounding the horse. We were chatting inside and Krew was outside playing with his cousin Quincy when all of the sudden Quincy comes running inside and said "Krew got shocked!" I ran outside as fast as I could to see Krew standing on the other side of the fence crying. When I asked him if he was ok he said "that fence bit me!" Hilarious yet accurate. I sure felt like an A+, #1, mom of the year. NOT!
I celebrated my birthday while we were in Idaho. I have been looking forward to this birthday for a while in hopes that my compadres here in buffalo might get off their old horses and stop giving me such a hard time for being so young! :) Doug's mom was soooo nice to tend the boys for us and give us a long date on my birthday. It was the best. We went to lunch at one of our fav. mexican spots Puerto Vallarta, did some shopping, and later that night we went to spiderman. Thanks Terrie!
We also got to go boating with some of our good friends the Nulphs and the Sanders. It was so fun to hang out again!
The Nulphs let me try their surf board which was way way fun! Thanks friends!
We also got to spend time with our cousins Presley and Paityn while we were home! We headed to Jensens Grove one day to let the kids play on the beach and of course eat at Rupes while we were there. We weren't to sure about the weather at first but it ended up being a really fun day! (if you can't tell,these pics were not taken by me!lol. My sister in law Tracy sent them to me. Already edited and ready to post! Thanks for being such a great photographer Tracy!
OOOhhhh Daddy I like the water!
Sweet friends these two little cousins are! Krew talks about hanging out with Presley alot! I think he recognizes her sincerity in wanting to play with him. Even tho Pres is a little older she is always so nice to want to play with Krew. So glad we got to spend our time with great friends and family.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

We had so much fun with you guys and your boys. I took Pres to do some school shopping, special, just her and me. When we were coming out of Target, Pres says Mom I miss Krew. Just out of the blue...one day when your closer...they will have so much fun playing and probably riding motorcycles together :) Pres has a special request of Santa this year.