Friday, July 9, 2010

Bathroom re-do

I've been re-doing this bathroom for quite some time and I finally decided that I just need to git er done! I didn't have any before pics. but here are some afters: . . . I started with my shower curtain. Plain and boring brown. I got the idea from one of the craft blogs I was looking at one day, can't remember which one, but all I did was just sew on a strip of fabric and wa la. Drab to Fab.

I snagged this old shelf at a garage sale for .25 painted it up, made a string of pearls, found an old perfume bottle from hollister that I had and of course had to add some smell goods since its the bathroom. Notice how I wrapped some scrap fabric that I had left over from the shower curtain around the glass? I thought that tied it in pretty good. I had two pretty frames left over from our reception that I love but didn't really know what to do with so I used one here and antiqued a pic. of me and doug.

I made a couple more strands of pearls to put on the hand towels (which I thought would also be a cute idea for napkin rings), used an old frame from our wedding which had some pearls on it and antiqued a bum shot of Krew :)

All in all I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out . . . even tho Doug complains about the "girly-ness" of this room. I'm working on a couple projects right now so more projects coming soon . . . ok maybe not so soon.

3 comments:

Missy said...

You're bathroom turned out great. You're so creative and talented. This shows that you can very cheaply redecorate and it turns out awesome. I love the shower curtain.

Laura said...

Very cute!!!

Camille said...

Way cute! Can I hire you to decorate my house?