Friday, July 9, 2010

To bone and back!

Me and a bunch of my friends at work ran the "To bone and back" race a couple of weeks ago. It was so much fun to train and really work for something! It made running so much more enjoyable. For anybody who hasn't heard of this race its a 40 mile race, each team has 8 people or less and each person has to run at least 5 miles. We had 7 on our team including: Me, Annie Cooper, Tiffy Sargent, Emily Sargent, Melanie Furniss, Lyndsay Nulph and filling in at the last min. Kim Ence. We all ran five miles except for Melanie who ran ten. Our Boss Sherry, her husband Bruce and daughter carly came and drove our support vehicle and cheered us on. Sara Sanders came and rode with us to thanks Sara! Sherry chased us around with the water sprayer all day and boy was I glad because I ran my leg right in the heat of they day. Here's some pics:


This pic. was right before I ran . . . so nervous!


When we crossed the finish line we were so suprised to learn that we took 3rd! Out of 13 teams! We were not expecting to place at all we were just excited to do it so it was really exciting that we all did so well. I even got a medal out of it :) I had so much fun! Thanks to everyone who cheered us on and helped us out!

5 comments:

Missy said...

You guys all look so cute. What an accomplishment; that's so exciting! Good work!

Laura said...

Wow, that's impressive! Great job on taking 3rd!

Camille said...

Way to go! Paul saw you running when he went up in the hills that day. He said you looked tired! I can only imagine! That's awesome that you guys took 3rd. Now you're going to want to try again next year and win!

Morrows said...

Way to go Kate! I could never do that! I love your bathroom! So cute!

KELLI said...

Way to go you guys! Oh my goodness Krew is so darn cute! Hope all is well!