Friday, September 16, 2011

Brody Mychael Messick

He finally came! And I'm so glad he did! Brody is by far the best baby I have had! He is already sleeping for two hours at a time at night, (Krew never did that until he was about 6 months old) the other night Krew and Brody got up the same amount of times. Yes, thats right. Brody rarely cries. . . When he's hungry he just grunts(like a piglet) Its so cute! I'm beginning to realize more and more what an absolutely terrible baby Krew was. :) I say that in the kindest way possible. I wouldn't trade him for the world. But Brody ceases to amaze me. God must have known that I needed an easy one.
So I got enduced this time. I was really nervous about this because i've heard so many bad stories of it going wrong and moms having to have c sections and that is what i definatlely didn't want to have because my mom was only coming for one week of recovery for me. Not six! They started the pit about 8 am and it was SO SLOW I was getting more and more nervous that it wasn't working because the nurses said that they were giving me the highest dose and by 3pm I was only at a 5. I just knew that it wasn't going to work and I would have to have a c section. So, they turned off the pit but my body wasn't about to give up! It took things the rest of the way thank heavens! Quite quickly to! Brody was born at 3:44 pm. He was a whopping 8lbs.even and 21 inches long! Right before he was born his heart rate dropped and stayed down. It was really scary. All of the sudden there was about 30 nurses, a midwife and some wonderful dr. in the room (for the life of me I can't remember her name but she was amazing! Thank Heavens for her! I love her! She did a great job delivering my Brody and calming everyone down!) Someone threw an oxygen mask over my face that was made for a 300 lb. man (it pretty much covered my entire head) so i couldn't hear a darn thing that was going on which really scared me! Finally I ripped it off and said "I don't need that! I can breath fine! I need to push NOW!" Everyone was shocked and said oh, ok well if you feel like pushing then push! So i pushed and out shot A purple Brody with the cord around his neck! He was fine tho. I was fine. This recovery is SO MUCH better than my recovery with Krew. Nursing is going great which is such a relief. I really cant think of anything that isn't going just perfect. (Minus the spare tire Brody left me with) We're so blessed to have his sweet little spirit in our home and I can only hope that I can be the kind of mom that this sweetie deserves.

Whew! finally made it here!

Our bigger, better, family.

Krew first meeting his little brother.

All ready to go home from the hospital. Double chin and all.

Once while my mom was here Brody was sleeping and Krew came running in the house just yelling! Brody lifted his long old fingers up like "stop, would you just stop?" Haha We couldn't stop laughing and had to take a pic.


Sweet feet.

First bath assisted by Grandma. Notice, this boy isn't even crying!

Hello sweet Brody- clean and fresh!

I dunno if you can see but when we put lotion on him right after his bath his hair curled right up! He's got Curly hair just like Krewzer did!

Oh i just LOVE the way babies smell after their baths!

I sure do appreciate my mom coming out and spending her whole week with us! She was such a great help to me and Doug! I KNOW that Krew loved every min they spent together and he really really misses her! Thanks mom!



This is my third set of Roses from Doug. He likes to wait until its a very special occasion to grace me with flowers :) Thanks babe! Love you so much!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh what a handsome little man! We are so excited for you guys. You can definitely tell he belongs to you and Doug. The pics of Krew and Brody are so cute--there is nothing better than that! Sounds like it was a bit scary...Pres had a similar situation--oxygen, hectic nurses, etc. But thank goodness for good Doctors and all the technology we are blessed to have! You look great and lucky you to have a "easy" one! Congrats, you did good!!!

The Clarks said...

yea!!! congratulations! he is so handsome and they definitely look like brothers. =) glad you're all doing well!

RaCHeL said...

I lI've reading birth stories! Thanks for sharing. He sure is a cutie & I'm so happy for you. Reading this gets me a little more excited about having my second. Aren't moms wonderful?! So glad she was able to come out.