Friday, September 16, 2011

Happenings

There was quite a bit that happened before little Brody came that I still need to blog about so i'm taking this nap time to catch up! Doug had his white coat ceremony. It was really cool. Doug really LOVES school. especially now that he is learning things that he will actually get to use someday! Its so neat to see him progress in his never ending (it seems like) quest to be a dentist!

The best family pic. I have. Dang the sun in our eyes! We are so proud of you Dougy!

I wanted to get this little man potty trained before the baby came and I'm SO glad to say that after 2 weeks of me just wanting to absolutly pull my hair out and one more week of just plain frustration. . . we're there! Don't get me wrong there is still accidents and I still stress about him forgetting everytime we're in public and yes he has definatly taken a step or two backward since Brody has come but he's still wearing his panties and we're almost at the fully potty trained stage! phew! Who knew potty training could be SUCH a chore!

A couple weeks ago during the Finale of the bachelorette my friends Liz had a few of us girls over to partake of some sparkling cider while she chose between two of the loves of her life :) Fun to get together with the girls. Even if you are the size of a freight train.

Another fun thing I've been doing is Shellac nails! I really questioned if this stuff really stayed on as long as they say it does when it first came out. My sister is a cosmotologist as well and she started using shellac in her salon and LOVED it so when we moved out here I got myself a light and tried it out. My hands are always in water, wiping dirty bums, and doing dishes so reg. nail polish for me usually only lasts one day. I tried the shellac polish out and it stayed on my fingers for a good four weeks and even then I had to work to get it off. Glitter toes are pretty fun to do also. Mine have been on for six weeks and still goin strong! I'm charging $10.00 for fingers, $10.00 for toes and for little girls its $5.00 for fingers and $5.00 for toes! Paint or glitter doesn't matter. Here are a couple pics of some generous people who let me learn on their fingers and toes :)

These are my little neighbor Ragans toes. She's so cute. She couldn't decide what color so we did each toe a different color!


2 comments:

Camille said...

I love glitter toes! But I wish I had the light. They would be lots better, and easier to take off, as I have heard. I wish you had been doing it when you were here!

Classy Clutter said...

So.... I just got my first chip in my toes and its been what?? 5 weeks?? I wanna do gold next time since its FALL!!!!!!

XOXO LOVE U!!!

Mallory