Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Just the two of us.


I have LOVED spending this last month with Krew. No work, not a ton of responsibility, just hangin out me and my boy. I've had more fun with him then we have ever had before. He's such a nut. Tom I'm getting enduced and quite honestly I'm a little sad for Krew. He's been my baby for 2 1/2 years! I know he's going to be a great big brother and love little Brody but I just hope he knows how much I have cherished the time that we've had together. He is such a good, big, helpful, nice, smart boy. He's my buddy :) We've had fun riding our bikes down to a park that is close to our house practically every day. He loves the tire swing. He gets on it and just laughs and laughs which of course makes me laugh and laugh when I hear his cute laugh.


Krew has been loving riding around this new trike that we got for him. He asks to ride ALL DAY LONG! Lately he's been getting good enough at it that I can just ride my bike behind him and he thinks that is pretty cool. He also loves to sport his little helmet.

The other day I was trying to get comfortable enough on our couch to take a nap. (which is close to impossible when your my size) I was staring at some pics that we had hanging in out living room and I couldn't help the tears from coming! I just can't figure out how my baby went from being this . . .

to this . . .

and now this? STOP GROWING UP!
It reminded me of a song by Trace Adkins that says:
Your gonna miss this.
Your gonna want this back.
Your gonna wish these days,
hadn't gone by so fast.

These are some good times.
So take a good look around.
You may not know it now,
but your gonna miss this.

I'm sure that I've got some strong pregnancy emotions runnin through me right now but I just feel so lucky to be Krew's mom. He's such a sweet boy and I've so cherished the time these past 2 1/2 years that we've had together- just the two of us. That said- I can't wait to meet my new little guy tom and see Krew transition into being a big brother.

7 comments:

Camille said...

You are such a sweet mommy. And you will be so glad you wrote these emotional feelings down because they are real, and they are what it is all about. Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures of the new little guy!

RaCHeL said...

So crazy that you will have 2 in the next 24 hours!!! Krew really is adorable & how cute is he on that swing?!

Tracy said...

What a handsome little guy he is! There isn't anything better than listening to their little chuckles. It makes ya want to remember it forever. He will be a great big brother. It will be so sweet to see his excitement tomorrow at the new addition. They love em so much from the get-go; kind of like us.

Nate and Erin Russell said...

i had every single one of those feelings before i had my second. your first is your little buddy, but they turn into this sweet older sibling and you love them even more, plus you have another one to love! good luck!

Missy said...

Kate, I had no idea you were getting induced tomorrow! I'm so so happy for your family! I can't even wait to see pictures. You are so sweet to write these things to Krew; he is lucky to have you as his momma. How sweet it will be to have Krew see his little brother for the first time. I'll be thinking of you. Love ya lots, Kate!

Megan said...

Oh my heck Kate your little Krew is such an angel! I'm so excited for you three to have another little angel! Krew will be a wonderful big brother and he is going to love little Brody so much! Good luck today! I can't wait to see the new addition to our family! Love you guys!
Meg

Classy Clutter said...

You are the cutest ever!! I LOVE that song and I LOVE you guys!! I wanna squeeze brody's little cheeks and thighs!! I LOVE his baby chub! SO glad I got to see you today! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!