Friday, February 10, 2012

The things that come out of that kids mouth. . .

Krew has been saying some pretty funny things lately. Thought I would write a couple down to remember them.
The other day I was SUPER stressed (and now I can't even remember what I was stressed over so it must have been really important.) Krew was talking and talking and talking so I put Brody in his crib and locked myself in the bathroom to have just a min. to myself. One min. later I get a knock on the door- "Mom? are you poopin?" and I replied "no Krew I'm about to freak out- can you just go play with your toys for a min?) and away he went, I calmed down and didn't think much of it. When Doug got home that night he asked Krew "what did you do today Krew?" To which Krew answered "Mom freaked out!" We laughed :) Thats now his favorite thing to say. Whenever Brody is playing with his cars (Krew still isn't a pro at sharing) he says Brody don't touch that cause I'm gonna freak out.
Whenever I ask Krew to do something that he doens't want to do he says "Oh mom, I'm just so tired."
One thing that Krew doens't like to do is throw away poopy diapers. He's fine if there is just pee in the diaper. Whenever I ask him to throw away a diaper he says "Is it poopy?" If I say yes he says "just set it down." One day I decided that I would tell him that it wasn't when it really was. I watching him carry it off into the other room to the garbage and right before he threw it away he opened one of the flaps to check and make sure it wasn't poopy (it must have been a really stinky one) as soon as he saw that it WAS poopy he dropped it on the floor. and screamed "I"M FREAKING OUT MOM!" hahaha
So about 2 weeks ago Krew kept telling me "there is a spider in my ear" At first that made me really nervous. I looked in his ear and decided that a spider probably couldn't fit in his ear and he must of gotten this idea off of a movie or maybe he was talking about spider man (his favorite super hero) or who knows where he got this idea. Anyway- he kept telling me this for about 3 days and finally I was pretty stern with him and said "Krew, your fine! There is no spider in his ear." Well that night I woke up at 2 am to him SCREAMING at the top of his lungs saying that his ear hurt. Hello mrs. mom of the year- he has an ear infection!!! I felt bad so I decided I would take him to an urgent care right then to get something for the pain because obviiously this had been hurting him for a while. I looked online and couldn't fine any urgent cares! So, I called the hospital and the preceeded to tell me that there is nothing open past 11:00 pm out here I just had to take him to the Er. So i loaded him up and took him to the emergency room for something that wasn't an emergency. (the first of a couple trips we would take that week :) I felt kinda silly taking him in for an ear infection. Come to find out that he had a double ear infection and the Dr. told me that if I would have waited another 24 hours his ear drum prolly would have burst. Great. Like I said- mom of the year! Anyway- I thought it was funny that he said that he had a spider in his ear!
I'm loving my life right now. Staying home all day with my two buddies is the best. Krew's feelings are so soft. He is so sensitive to how people are feeling around him. I love that about him. What a great quality to concern yourself with others. Several times a day he will ask me "Are you happy?" "Are you mad?" "Are you sad?" I just Love my little boys Krew. He's not a toddler anymore. He's my little boy. I can't remember when he stopped being a toddler but now he's a sweet little boy. I'm so lucky to have him.

5 comments:

Dane and Kwynne said...

He's so funny I love him. Which is a good thing some mother-in-laws don't love there son-in-laws, but I do. I love you too which makes it bonus.

Missy said...

It's so cute to hear the fun things Krew is saying. He is such an adorable little boy. Don't feel bad about the ear infection, it's hard to know sometimes. I just took Jacoby in and he had an ear infection too and he had been sick for almost a week. I felt bad too. I'm glad you're so happy and love being home with your boys. :)

Camille said...

Poor little man! That must have been kind of freaky to him to think that there was a spider in his ear. That's quite descriptive actually.

I laughed so hard when I pictured you locked in your bathroom! HOW many times have I had to do that?! Too funny. We can't get enough of our sweet little ones...but then, we really can sometimes! Haha! And I LOVE the freaking out story. He is hilarious!

Tracy said...

Things must be getting better at your house if you can write them and laugh a little. Krew is a big little man and it is hard to tell when they are accurately complaining or just sharing ideas!:) Krews b-day is on the way...he's getting so grown-up and brutally honest!:) Cute, Cute...ya gotta write it down because ya think {I'll never forget that...} but ya do:)

Natalie said...

Krew is so cute! I love that he says he's freaking out. Better not swear around him!