Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Letters: D & E

Krew and I have been working on learning his letters. He is starting pre-school in the fall and I'm not super concerned that he knows them perfectly but I would like him to at least have a taste for them. I learned when I potty trained this boy that when trying to teach him something- especially something important- its go big or go home :) So I prepared, (much more than I did for potty training) I got a coloring book with letters in it, my wonderful mom sent me a dry erase book with letters in it, I got crayons and markers and away we went. I went over a letter per day with him and It just wasn't sinking in. I'd ask him Krew, what does A say? and he would say "DUH" or what does O say? and he would say "Aaaaa" So I decided that we needed to spend more time on each one and perhaps do some activities that he would remember. I decided I would take pics of what we did and make him a book of everything we did associated with that letter. Last week was the letter D. Krew learned how to get Dressed, We went to lunch with Doug, our Dad :), Krew wore his Dinosaur shirt around:

We went thru all of Krew's toys and picked out the toys that started with the letter D because I realized there was quite a few.


After we picked out all the toys Krew said "hey momma- I want the D-D-diggers to D-D-dig!" I was quite impressed and knew that I needed to make this a "big deal." So as I was racking my brain of something to do I remembered that I saw this fun thing to do- Fill the tub up with snow! After 5 heavy shovelfulls of snow our bath tub was full, Krew was happier than a lark, and those diggers dug until they were dead! :) - such a great idea to keep him occupied all day long!!


We did some Dancing. . .

This is one of Krews' fav. treats. . . He likes to Dip.

This week we're working on E and I have lots of great ideas for this letter! -NOT!- All we have done so far is make some eggs! wahoo! Hope he remembers the fun he had doing that :)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

You did go big! The snow in the tub was awesome...I have 2 girlies that would really enjoy playing in that. I am afraid they might just want to eat it though...they both love "ICE":) Hey good luck with E...no elephants in the house!:)

RaCHeL said...

You are such a good mom! How fun! I'll have to remember the snow thing for Gavin...oh wait! There won't be any down in Florida. :( Ha ha! Letter E is tough. Wish I had some ideas to help you out. Keep up the good work!

Camille said...

You are such a good mom, Kate. I didn't do any of these things with my kids until now, since I HAVE to! I love the snow in the bath idea. That was brilliant!

Stephanie Evans said...

Ahh, how have I never heard of snow in the bath before?!?! Now I hope we get a couple inches this week. Never thought I'd say that! :) I love all your "d" activities. Easter is coming up... maybe you could some "E" lessons around that??