Wednesday, January 16, 2013

NYC part 2

CENTRAL PARK
We rented bikes for a couple hours and rode around Central Park. It was actually sunny and really nice out for Nov! Perfect for a bike ride!
There was so many pretty statues, and nice sights throughout the park this is just one of the shots I got of the City from the Park. I thought it was cool.

  TOP OF THE ROCK
One night we went and did a really fun thing called "top of the rock." You just get to go to the top of a really high building in Rockefeller Center. Its an AMAZING view of the city! It took my breath away and made me feel really small.
Hands free! No kids! Got to take a snap shot with the hubs!

  everything else . . .
Here is the Empire state building from afar. Since we did "top of the rock" we opted to not pay 40.00 each to go to the top of the empire state building:)
Times square in the early morning while waiting in line to get tickets to see a show!
I went to the disney store there and wanted to buy almost everything in the store for Krew. He would have died if he was with me.
I also got to meet Brody's role model at times square one night. I showed Krew this pic and he thought it was pretty neat! Yes, I have met Mickey Mouse!

The aftermath . . . 

 I can't express enough how nice it was to have this time with Doug! I love my kids. I really do. Love them so much. But I decided every once in 5 years of CRAZY life me and Doug need a trip together. It helped us remember that we still have a crush on one another and want to do EVERYTHING together. BEST WEEKEND! I was so grateful that I have good friends like Denyse in Buffalo that I feel completely comfortable leaving my kids with for a couple nights. Honestly my kids probably thought that they were on a vacation as well. So . . . When Denyse and her hubs went to NYC I was so happy to take their kids because we had the best time ever and I knew that they would have a great time as well. Here is a little of what we did:
What is it about kids in the tub together that I think is so cute? Maybe its because I have lots of pics with my sisters in the tub from when I was little. Love it.
Brody is OBSESSED with kissing Kinsley. She is adorable so I just let him do it. I hope they fall in love and get married so me and Denyse can be like. . . sisters?
We have a babysitting swap that we do every friday night and I thought it would be a good idea since we would already have some extras to have swap at our house this weekend. WHEW! This will definitely go down as one of Doug's favorite nights! I had a craft planned so that ate up alot of time and the kids loved it. by the end Doug was plum tuckered out!
So glad we got a chance to make this fun trip! It was a blast!