Monday, May 21, 2012

Beach

While we were on the island we stopped at the beach. So fun to play on the beach!
This was just as we were waiting to get on the ferry to go back to the main land.
We loaded up on the usual snacks for our car ride home. Seeds and pop. Not to mention some AMAZING canadian chocolate bars that we got! I might have eating four of them on the way home. lol! They are so good! Both boys zonked out in the back seats and me and Doug cruised home. We were talking about the big road trip we took about a year ago when we drove to buffalo. We were laughing about how much I hated it when we got here. I could not understand how anybody could like it! Then, I starting thinking about the families that are leaving this year, which made my mind wander to 3 years down the road when we leave and before I knew it the tears were flowing! I can't imaging taking Krew from all his friends, leaving our first house where we already have grown so much in! And we've only lived here one year! Three more years and I'll be a wreck! I love my family. I love going on fun trips with them. I love doing nothing with them. I love our house. I love our friends. I love our life here! I didn't think that I would ever feel sad when I thought about leaving buffalo. I proved myself wrong. This is where Krew and possibly Brody will remember part of their childhood. I always say this but I don't want them to grow up. I turned around and snapped a quick pic of Krew.
Times like this when we have so much fun together really makes me appreciate my family! I love my boys!

4 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

What a fun trip!! You guys have such a fun group in your year. I'm glad you've already grown to love Buffalo! I remember when you first came to dinner at our house and how uncertain you seemed to feel. It's amazing how fast a place can become your home. I BAWLED when we drove away from our house. I felt like I was leaving a member of our family behind! It was traumatic! A part of my heart will always be in Buffalo. I'm just sad we only got to enjoy the experience with you one year!

Missy said...

Kate, I'm glad you are loving it so much there! It sounds like you guys have been doing some fun things as a family!

Natalie said...

Your trip looked so fun! I've never been out to that little island. We'll have to do it next time.

Natalie said...

And I'm glad you decided Buffalo's not so bad :)