Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Krew's "hebrew"

I'm trying to record all the funny things that Krew does and all the things he says that make us laugh. So, I had to write a couple things down . . .
The other day Doug was on his way out the door to go to the gym when Krew just starts crying and crying saying "daddy, don't leave me again! PLEASE!!!!! Stay with me!!!" Doug looked at me and said "How do I say no to that?" So, he skipped the gym and went outside to play with Krew in the snow. I was watching them play and I just thought it was so cute. When they were taking off all of their snow clothes I said to Doug- "You guys looked like you were havin fun out there- Its so cute hun, you're his little Hero :)" When Krew heard me say this he goes "ya dad!, You're my little hebro!" (like hebrew only with a bro at the end) Doug and I immediately started laughing which made krew feel like a little comedian. For the rest of the night all we heard was: " I wanna play with my little Hebro, I wanna sit with my hebro, I wanna study like my little hebro!" It was quite hilarious.

Another funny: The other day I was at the grocery store with the boys. Krew likes to play this -I want that?- game. He'll see some treat that he wants and he'll look at me and say "I want that?" I usually say "No, probably not right now." but sometimes I'll tell him he can get it. This day was one of those days that I was trying to hurry so Krew was hearing a lot of "NO's" All of the sudden he said "I want Jesus CHrist?" ???????? He looked up at me and I'm sure he saw an alarmed face because thats just not something I was expecting to hear. He likes to get a reaction from me so he started YELLING " I WANT JESUS CHRIST! I WANT JESUS CHRIST!" I really didn't know what to say to the kid. I didn't want to tell him that we don't say that but I definitely wanted him to stop screaming that so I said "Krew, usually we only say Jesus Christ at church or when we are being reverent." What does he do then? He changes to "I WANT HEAVENLY FATHER! I WANT HEAVENLY FATHER!" If I was in Idaho and this happened I don't think that this would be as big of a deal because everyone would know that he probably just had a nursery lesson on Heavenly father and Jesus or something but here is a different story. . . No one here is Lds and EVERYONE was looking at me like I was crazy. He finally calmed down and stopped screaming when I bribed him with a treat. I really wasn't expecting that one. At least I know that he's learning something at church!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Oh, I love these little "Krew-ims!" What a clever little guy. Hey, maybe he was a missionary tool in the grocery store that day. You never know! Haha!