Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Our time in Idaho. . .

I was so so glad to go home for christmas. I really couldn't handle another week of Doug being gone ALL OF THE TIME. I flew home a week before Doug. Alone. Well, with my 2 1/2 year old and my 3 month old. Call me crazy but it was worth it. The flight actually wasn't horrible. Krew was a good boy and listed to me and they both fell asleep for 2 hours. I wish I had gotten more pics of the time I spent with my family but we were just to busy. :) My grandma came to town for christmas as well and she LOVES to shop more than anyone I know so we went shopping probably every other day lol. I love her and it was so good to spend time with her.

Krew has missed Uncle Mitch and Jack SOOOOO much! He slept with Mitch every night. They played hard and slept hard. What good uncles. We wish you lived in Buffalo!


I let Krew choose what he wanted in his own yogert. . .healthy yogert piled full of sugar. Doesn't surprise me a bit. He even told me that he wanted some pop to put in it. Thats my boy. Or actually Doug's boy. Mr. pop A-holic.


Terrie didn't know that we were coming home. I thought it would be fun to just show up on her door step. So thats what I did! She hadn't met Brody yet so she was extra excited to meet him. I thought I was going to have to call the Ambulance to revive her after she answered the door!:) We had lots of fun with them while we stayed with em. . .
Terrie wanted to take Krew with her to her school one day. Krew thought he was pretty important going to school just like daddy.


While we were staying with the Messicks, Bruce got out this old train track that he got from his dad. It kept Krew entertained for hours.



Its become a tradition for Terrie to have the grandkids over around Christmastime to make ginger bread houses. It was fun for Krew to be included in that this year. I didn't realize how much work she puts into these until I helped her make them! What a great Grandma. The work pays off tho because ALL of the grandkids LOVE doing this.



It was fun to be there for the big Messick Christmas party too! Every year the grandkids do a nativity. Krew was a shepard however I didn't get any pics of that because it only lasted for about 2 seconds when he decided that his costume (a towel with a hole in it for his head to go thru) was "broken" because it had no arm holes. He just couldn't understand it. Brody was the baby Jesus however, he didn't have a costume so he kind of looked like a modern baby Jesus. Ya just had to use your imagination. . .




When the time came for us to go home there was lots of tears. When were were at the salt lake air port walking down the hall to our terminal I remembered running as fast as I could the other way down the hall with my Double stroller and my huge bag to be greeted by my mom and sister just two SHORT weeks ago. . . the tears started all over again. It was killer. Doug thought I was seriously depressed. I probably cried half way to Chicago. I HATE not having my family around to see Brody grow up and play with Krew. I'm going to miss my sister Ashley's first baby in two months and I CANT STAND the thought of missing out on that. I love my family so much and I'm happy I got to come home for Christmas. It was a very Merry Christmas for me that is for sure.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

When I read this it made me teary...there is nothing like family. It doesn't matter if its a good day or a bad one, it just seems natural to want to be with and share with your family. AND your family probably hates that you won't be there as much as you hate missing those moments. I think your doing awesome though and you are a super good mom...the way Krew talks and the ideas that he has show that you spend the important...quality...necessary time with him. We miss you guys and think about ya lots!:)